From:
Julie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:54:11 -0500
We close on New Year's Day but are open a full business day New Year's Eve.

We close also on Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, the day
after Thanksgiving, Independence Day and Labor Day.  We close at 2pm on
Christmas Eve.

I think your situation might be different because you serve such a tourist
population, whereas we serve mostly residents.  In addition, the Christmas
and New Year's holidays occur between our class semesters, and we are
typically working reduced hours then anyway (normally we're open M-F
8am-10pm, Sat 9am-6pm and Sun 12pm-6pm).  Closing Easter is always a big
controversy because some people insist we should stay open, but others say
that if we close Christmas we certainly should be closed Easter.  The day
after Thanksgiving is a closed day for staff convenience, since we have no
classes on Fridays and our weekends are typically busy.

Julia Muney Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center
820 E. 67th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46220
(317) 255-2464 x233