From:
Guy Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:04:59 -0400
While I agree that this email reads like a phishing scam, the facts themselves sound legitimate, especially if the soup tureens are actually in your collection.

One simple way to check the authenticity of the email is to have your local technolgist look at the full headers for the email.  If the servers etc. listed there correspond to the legitimate French servers, and don't actually redirect to or from some other country, there is a good chance that the message is legitimate. Corresponding directly with Ms. Sterzing without replying to the email, might be the best course.

Let us know how it works out.

Guy Hermann, Principal
Museum Insights
860-245-1323