From:
Becky Dahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:24:42 MST
Do you know were we can locate hotel furniture from the 1920s?  Historic
Sites Service is furnishing a hotel which was moved to the Ukrainian Cultural
Heritage Village Historic Site from Hilliard, Alberta and is being furnished
to look as it did in 1929.  We are trying to locate the following items:
-small lobby table (1920s, 20" X 30" top - from a hotel)
-tables (1920s 36" square top - from a hotel)
-kitchen counter (1920s, waist high with a curtain covering the front)
-calendars (1929 advertising breweries, 1929 advertising Massey Harris)
-chairs (bow back with 4 back spindles.  The bow back is made from a round
dowel, steamed into shape) (A current manufacture chair which looks like this
would be OK)
-stove (1920s with a white enamel door, warming oven, water reservoir and 6
burners. The stove pipe is behind the white enamel coated back plate).

We would also appreciate any information regarding historic hotel
furnishings.

Thank you.

Becky Dahl
Curator