From:
Eileen Mott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:31:07 -0400
In conjunction with a travelling exhibition from the Virginia Museum's
permanent
collection of Egyptian art, I am also planning to fabricate 2-3 limited
and moderate security exhibitions (approx 20 items per exhibition) that
can be used to complement and expand the core high security exhibition.
These smaller exhibitions will probably be used by college galleries,
libraries, schools with gallery facilities, etc.
I am requesting help in locating source material and suggestions for
these ancillary
exhibitions.  I am interested in finding the work of contemporary
photographers whose subject matter is centered on Egypt
(people/places/things), printmakers, etc..  While some images of the
traditional monuments would be nice, different takes on Egypt would be
most welcome.  Well
designed posters could also be considered  -  trying to keep these shows
2-d, so I'm pretty limited to work on paper.  Any suggestions of artists
or sources?  Please reply on or off-list.  Many thanks.

Eileen B. Mott
Coordinator, Statewide Exhibitions Program
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
2800 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA  23221-2466