From:
Sharyn Horowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:42:26 +0100
The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts has done art projects in the middle
of their galleries. I think the secret is STAFFING, something your client
probably won't want to hear.

Without staffing...

What about a computer running a simple paint program?

What about a polaroid camera and costumes & props so kids can do their own
portraits and still lifes?

Just a few thoughts from a strictly science exhibit developer with no art
background. Good luck!

>Can anyone out there speak of a successful drawing or writing station in
>an exhibit? ie: a desk surface and a pad of paper where someone can pick
>up a drawing or writing implement and then take home an original work of
>art?
>
>I'm oh-too-familiar familiar with the problems: graffiti, vulgarity,
>waste, maintenance....How have these hurdles been overcome? My client is not
>interested in stencils or rubber stamps, rather the uninhibited freedom of
>freeform drawing.
>

>Help!
>
>>From Matt Kirchman
>Exhibit Designer
>AMAZE Design, Inc.
>77 North Washington Street
>Boston, MA  02114
>
>voice: 617-367-6300
>fax: 617-742-8722
>email: [log in to unmask]

Sharyn Horowitz, The Health Museum of Cleveland
8911 Euclid Avenue * Cleveland, OH 44106 * (216) 231-5010 * fax 231-5129
http://www.healthmuseum.org