From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:19:57 +1300
Greetings List Members,

My Museum has been offered of using the GALLERY GUIDE  CD ROM audio tour
player system.
At first glance its seems a very reasonable product. I would like to hear
from any Museum who has used this UK designed technology. My specific
qustions being:

a) How reliable is the system?
b) How flexible is it for upgrading information / CD ROM mastering etc?
c) What percentage of visitors are prepared to use, and PAY, for this add-on
service?
d) Is there any demographic research that shows the ratio of overseas
visitors to domestic, who have used this player.
e) What charge do you make for the hire of these?
f) Is theft of the units a problem and if it is, how have you counteracted
this?

Apparently the system is in use in the following Museums and Attractions:

National Gallery of Australia
Edinburgh Castle
National Gallery, London
J.Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
Centre Georges Pompidou
Vatican Museum, Rome
The Rijksmuseum

So... of anyone can assist with news and views on this system, please
contact me off the list at this address:

Many thanks
Roger