From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:16:44 -0400
At 01:57 AM 9/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Any ideas for low cost ways to promote local public interest in the
>National Museum of Roller Skating located in Lincoln, Nebraska?  I'm
>working on a project for a Museum Studies course, and need some ideas
>from museum professionals who are faced with the same challenges we are
>confronted with... a low budget!

PSAs are always a good start.  Plaster flyers up in local schools,
libraries and grocery stores.  Get volunteers to roller skate through local
malls and pass out flyers.  Host an old fashioned sock hop in the museum
and have skating outside.  Have a "vintage skate day" where people can
bring in their old pairs of roller skates and show them off.

Good luck!

Deb

Staples &  Charles Ltd.
225 N Fairfax St.