From:
"Cascio, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:53:31 -0400
Hello all!  I am setting up our hall for seasonal "white-washing" in our
c. 1750s house museum and while I have plenty of formulas for mixing
white-wash, I don't know what the tools looked like to apply it.  My
sources indicate that they used round hand brushes for painting so it is
likely that they would also have been used to apply white-wash.

Please jump in if you have any other information to share on
white-washing and house painting or if you know of anyone who creates
reproduction eighteenth century paint brushes.

Thanks!

Chris

Christopher M. Cascio
Assistant Site Administrator