From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:20:47 -0500
Skipping HistoryHi Jennifer,

I'm confident the mission statement of your organization includes
education.  Presumably, that means as non-biased an education as is
possible.  Therefore, I would insist these teachers lead their students
through the exhibit and tell whatever "history" they want.

You and your staff (paid or volunteer) ought not be put in the position
of editing history to suit their mission.

Sincerely,

Jay Heuman
Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum
2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)   342-2376 (fax)

"You can’t lock up art in a vault and keep it frozen for posterity. Then
the artist is betrayed, history is betrayed."
(Walter Persegati)