From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 11:08:34 -0400
>Robbin...What is ArtNet? Who is it for? Does one subscribe? What
>is the content? Is it for artists, or for art museums, or for
>art educators????  A network? A journal?  What?      Jane

ArtNet will be a BBS dedicated to viewing, discussing and promoting
art with an easy-to-use graphical user interface: sort of an AOL
for art. We plan to open to the public in September with a link to
a Web site and a gateway to Minneapolis. We see it as a place to
do business, meet people and network, view museum exhibits, visit
artists' studios, read articles and whatever else people find to
do with it. We will have a link to a Web site and a gateway to
Minneapolis. We see it as an organizational site for art on
the Information Superhighway(tm).

Robbin Murphy
Managing Editor, ArtNet