From:
Jerry Shiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:45:18 -0400
The Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum, St. Leonard, Calvert County,
Maryland will be holding a workshop on Micro Climates, and I will be there
to give a demonstration of oxygen-free storage techniques on Thursday
October 11. Please contact Howard Wellman
<[log in to unmask]>    410-586-8577 for more information.

I will also be demonstrating these materials in Richmond on Saturday
October 13 (see below). On Friday October 12 I will be in Washington, and
would be happy to set up a demonstration or two as I wander through the
galleries and museums (for my pleasure!).

Details of Saturday workshop follow:

A Workshop on Oxygen-free Pest Control and Storage

Join Jerry Shiner of Keepsafe Systems for a workshop on oxygen-free pest
control and storage on Saturday October 13 from 10:00 am until noon.

Oxygen-free packaging is a proven technique for long-term storage of
sensitive items (especially organic materials and metals). It is often used
by conservators for the safe treatment of insect pests when freezing or
poisons are not an option. The system is simple: the object to be treated
is inserted into a barrier film envelope, the appropriate oxygen absorber
is added, and the bag sealed. Within hours, the oxygen level within the
envelope is reduced to an extremely low level. Degradation involving oxygen
is halted or dramatically slowed, and all insects, larvae, pupae and eggs
are destroyed.

The workshop will take place at Corporate & Museum Frame, 301 West Broad
Street, Richmond, VA. We encourage you to bring a small object to be
encapsulated in an anoxic environment,. Samples will be distributed and a
materials fee of $20.00 will apply to all attendees. Refreshments will be
served from 9:30 am, the workshop begins at 10:00.

Keepsafe Systems specializes in materials and solutions for micro climate
and oxygen-free storage, featuring products by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical,
Engineered Materials, and Micro Climate Technology. Come learn more about
Ageless and RP System oxygen absorbers, Escal and other barrier films,
Corrosion Intercept and the Micro Climate Generator.

Seating is limited, so reservations are suggested but not required. For
directions, and to confirm your attendance, please call Carrie Goodell at
Corporate & Museum Frame; (800) 728-6858 or (804) 643-6858. For more
information on the workshop, you may contact Jerry Shiner at
[log in to unmask] or by calling 800 683-4696

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Microclimate and Oxygen-free storage supplies and solutions
www.keepsafe.ca
toll-free 800 683-4696  fax: (416) 703-5991