From:
Randi Sue Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:35:22 -0700
Some chemicals become unstable with age.  We were warned about a
chemical used in fish culture, picric acid, that crystalizes with
age, with the crystals becoming explosive.

We have had someone from the chemistry department at the local
university look at materials in the collection and make
recommendations as to their safety, what should be dumped, what was
okay.

Chemicals on exhibit need to be secure from visitors.

Randi
DC Booth

Museum-L" (without the quotes).