From:
Eugene Dillenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:37:23 -0400
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:13:22 -0400, L Dewey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Where has Gelbspan's article in the Globe 'been widely criticized' in
>as much as it was published on Tuesday?

The Internet is a wonderful thing.

>There are others, you might do some research.
>
>Museums should do a better job educating the public. Their exhibit
>developers should try to take care of themselves.

As an exhibit developer, I have done enough research on the Malenkovitch
cycle, sunspot cycles, the Little Ice Age, the Medieval Warming Period,
de-galciation of the Alps during Roman times, and the current climate debate
 to recognize that global warming (or whatever we wish to call it) is a
complex phenomenon which does not fit the simple causality presented in the
Gelbspan article.

Dr. Gray accepts, as any reasonable person must, that the globe is indeed
warming.  His decades of research indicate that the influence of this
phenomenon on hurricanes in general, let alone on any particular hurricane,
is minor at best.

Peer-reviewed or not, Discover has long been a strong proponent of the
global warming message.  (Indeed, the same issue has a lengthy article on
the subject.)  Thus, when they acknowledge the limits of its influence, it
is worth taking notice.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Eugene Dillenburg