From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:20:53 -0800
I take it this was a nonpaying position?  Is that
correct?  If it were for pay, it seems that it may
have violated the EEOC rules of Equal Oppportunity.
One should not discriminate on the basis of many
things, including political persuasion!

EEOC is a link in the topics section of my employment
page if you need it!  It has a statute of limitations
as far as filing time, but . . .

Personally, I find this reason for disqualifying a
very otherwise qualified candidate to be despicable
and subject to, at a minimum some sort of
investigation.

If Bush can have token Democrats in the Cabinet (vis a
vis Mineta) . . .

Arghhhh this hits a couple of my pet peeves!

--- Lizzetta LeFalle-Collins <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> I received a call from The White House as I was
> stepping out of my shower.
> When my husband told me it was The White House, I
> thought he was kidding. I
> had been recommended for the NCA. The caller asked
> if it was something that
> I might want to consider. All wet, I said that I was
> flattered that I was
> recommended. I was given a little information and
> then the caller said that
> she had to ask me a few questions. The first one was
> "Did you vote for
> George W. Bush in the presidential election?" I said
> no I did not. She then
> said something like "did you support the president
> in the election"
> obviously giving me another chance to change my
> initial response. I said no.
> She then said something like " Well, I'm sure you
> understand that we want to
> nominate people who supported the president." I
> agreed. She encouraged me
> saying that there might be an opportunity in the
> future. I assured her that
> I welcomed the opportunity. End of conversation. I
> would have been honored
> to serve. I didn't realize the amount of
> partisanship in the selection of
> the advisory body.
>
> Lizzetta LeFalle-Collins, Ph.D.
> LeFalleCuratorial

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02