From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 06:49:41 -0700
One of my long-time favorite sites, one that makes me
frequently cry when I view it is this one:
http://www.maafa.org/

I found the Israeli/Palestinian flag of interest in
the Confederate flag exhibit.  One needs to remember
the recent history of the design of the new Iraqi
flag.  If you recall, there was flap associated
therewith because it was designed in the colors of the
Israeli flag and had to be redesigned.  I suspect the
design of the Israeli/Palestinian flag had something
to do with that fiasco.

--- Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Oh, I think the photography exhibition "Without
> Sanctuary" organized by
> and currently showing at the Chicago Historical
> Society is something
> related to lynching that opens a dialogue. I
> encourage anyone in the
> vicinity to view these powerful images of what
> Billie Holiday
> called "Strange fruit hanging from the poplar
> trees."
>
> http://www.chicagohistory.org
>
> Lynching is an ugly chapter in American history. I
> believe it deserves to
> be examined, discussed, railed against, vilified,
> and the subject of art
> and photography exhibitions.
>
> I risk steering this conversation off course but...I
> believe the only way
> to keep atrocities from being repeated is to
> acknowledge their existence
> head on and keep alive memories of their occurence.
> I feel the same way
> about hate speech...say the words and you'll believe
> them.
>
> Diane Gutenkauf

Indigo Nights