Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:48:34 +0000
Does anyone know of simple guides for identifying materials, I have
(somewhere at home)
books which identify woods (European use), and textiles (materials and
production methods),
but I know of nothing which is a simple guide which will help someone
with no more technical
equipment than a magnet to identify the various irons and steel,
aluminium, copper alloy, the various common kinds of plastics, and so
on.

Ideally, the terms given in the guide would be those in one of the
major/commonly used thesauri of
material terms - but one can't have everything!

With best wishes to all
___
Pat Reynolds - Museums Development Officer - Surrey Museums
Consultative Committee
- a service jointly funded by the county, district and borough
councils
130 Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey GU12 5LF - 01483 594624 fax 01483
594595