From:
Tina Reuwsaat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:36:10 -0500
I have entered hundreds of  artifact records from the collections of two
diverse museums using Past Perfect. I find it fast, simple, flexible and
user friendly. There is an option to catalog items as history or art, and
plenty of room for provenance, source information, maintenance records, etc.
Accession cards are also linked to the objects, searches can be set up in
countless formats and there are even options I haven't used yet.  Digital
image scanning and download are a breeze. Other than the potential for
complete computer melt-down, I am unaware of any archive issues. (Make
back-up discs!) We certainly haven't thrown out the old hard copy system
though, just in case.
I give Past Perfect an A+.

Tina Reuwsaat
Smithsonian Associates Masters Program