From:
"BRENINGER, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:08:00 EET
At the Museum of Victoria Social History Department we have many items,
acquired in the past, which are covered by copyright law; books, posters,
artworks, etc. Copyright was not acquired at the same time. We will continue

to acquire such items. I would like to rework out donation agreement to
include options for the donor to assign copyright to us. it would probably
include a statement roughly saying;
"As legal owner of copyright on the above object  I
 - assign full copyright to the museum  or
 - authorise reproduction for collection managment purposes, ie; image
capture, education kits, etc       or
 - authorise reproduction for commercial purposes; postcards, catalogues,
etc.

I would also like  to create a retrospective copyright assignment or release

document for the existing collection.
I will get the draft document checked by the Australian copyright council
for the correct wording, etc. But I would be grateful for comments from
people who are doing similar things or if you have these documents already I

would appreciate a copy. Thanks

Leah Breninger
Collection Manager
Department of Social History