From:
Tim Bonow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:06:33 -0600
My apologies, Slayer is an obnoxious heavy metal band.  An interesting
discussion on the etymology of a certain homonym for "murkin" and its
connotations when used as a humorous pejorative referring to Americans
('mericans) appears in "Why Do Men Have Nipples? Hundreds of Questions
You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini" Written by Mark Leyner
and Billy Goldberg. Suffice it to say that the word refers to an item of
apparel that one would not want to encourage interns to visibly
incorporate into their dress code.

tcb