From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:16:15 +0800
Kimberly wrote " Is there any place anyone knows of where I can get an entry
level position that has room for advancement"

Hi Kimberly,

You had a good range of alternatives suggested by others in your job quest,
so could I also recommend Global Museum to you, if you don't know it
already - http://www.globalmuseum.org

I'll let some of our happy users vouch for the site:
----------------------------------
" Back when I was looking for a job, I checked the site almost daily. As far
as I am concerned it is the best source for museum professionals in search
of employment. The site has more job listings than any other single source I
have found "

"I would just like to let you know that my wife has just begun a job in
Washington, DC, that we found through globalmuseum.org, and nowhere else! We
are very appreciative of the service you provide. It is an excellent
website."
------------------------------------

Here are some additional facts about Global Museum's Job sections :

**   Completely open access to jobs -  no log ins, PW's etc.

**   137,000 pages have been viewed on Global Museum so far this year and
counting!

**  Fully deployed Web2.0 functionality bringing live job postings straight
to the site -  as people post you can view the international offerings.

**  Moderated postings from around the world -  we would post at least 5,000
jobs a year so there must be something there for you I am sure.

**  There are 7,700 people who have signed up for the Global Museum Weekly
News

.....and if you feel so inclined after all of you job hunting, you can also
join the 150 people on our new social network as well -
http://globalmuseum.ning.com/

with best wishes in your search
Roger