From:
Richard Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 15:48:00 -0500
----------
Hello fellow list readers,

I wish to thank the many persons who responded to my post regarding sod roofs.
Some execellent references were passed along from the online version of the
Avery index of Architectural Periodicals. I also learned of a sod roof which is
kept trimmed by goats, and another inherent problem with sod roofs, snakes in
the grass.  According to one respondent, snakes are attracted to sod bldgs
including those that just have sod roofs.  I also have a list of resource people
who have experience in working with sod roofs on timber structures which I shall
follow-up on.  I discovered that a considerable body of knowledge and experience
exists in Canada, including several sites.  Several Forts were also referenced
in the U.S.  I will happily pass on references to any who wish them.  Please
email me directly.  Again, many thanks to respondents on the list.  Now my work
begins - where to find the right sod, and the money.....

Richard Shockley
Director
Fort Whoop-Up Centre
Lethbridge AB. Canada.