From:
"Bosher, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:55:23 +1000
Yes, we gritted our teeth and paid up when looking  for our new system.
The first version was a bit dated, but there was a supplement which
brought it pretty much up to date.
We found it useful (in the context that we were intending to spend
aconsiderable amount on a new system and didn't wish to miss anything)
and pretty accurate in its assessments

I  think the current issue is that few people are now looking for just
'Collections Management Software'- the whole field has blown wide open
into multimedia enabled  knowledge access systems, which makes it very
hard to compare some of the more esoteric offerings. Also, beware if you
are a multi-disciplinary museum such those those like us with Natural
Sciences as well as historical collections- very few systems handle NS
well.