From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 12:14:59 -0700
A good place to do such research on urban myths,
legends, and hoaxes is http://www.snopes.com .  It's
probably the first place one should check when you get
one of these web beachballs that bounce from one
computer to another with no real sense of authorship
and a whole lot of urgency.

A second place to query for many things like this is
http://www.tourbus.com .

There are two stretches of credibility to the current
thread:

o  One is that someone who signs his name PeaceNick
and is openly against the war is going to have a hard
time making this list believe it wasn't recruitment
for the peace cause and regime change.

o  That someone who believed in peace and wanted
regime change were a)un-American/unpatriotic, and/or
b) simply a Bush basher.

You can love peace, hate the war, bash Bush (or
Clinton, since that was clearly evidenced), and still
be a good American.  They are not mutually exclusive.
There are historical precedents and quotes (I think
there's a good one by Teddy Roosevelt, but I'm wont to
uncover it today).

It's just probably not a good idea to bash anybody on
this list because you are sure to alienate enough
people that even the Supreme Court can't save you--not
to mention that this is an international forum, and if
you bash America in this public, you may feel
compelled to defend it in the next breath.

Shall we stick to museums and leave politics for the
scalawags?

--- Jenny Rebecca Martin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Actually, the angels and grays of UFO's are in
> reality angry fairies,
> according to at least one author.  ;)
>
> To be honest, this has the ring of one of those
> emails that's been passed
> around forever and a day that isn't anything more
> than an urban legend
> (which is an interesting phenomenon for folklorists
> and ethnographers in and
> of itself).  That being said, it seems to me that
> this is something that's
> more appropriate to a list dealing with folklore
> than to Museum-L,
> especially with the specific questions you're
> asking.  Thanks for sharing it
> though.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414