From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 16:15:08 -0800
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is considering offering
dial-up Internet access and museum associated email addresses and homepages
as a fee based service to members.  We are considering this for several
reasons:

1.  Proceeds will be used to support museum programs.
2.  Our selection of membership benefits will be larger.
3.  We will project an air of being on the 'cutting edge'.
4.  Our own IT infrastructure will be enhanced.

I would appreciate it if you would take a look at the first draft of a
survey written to gauge whether the public would be interested in this
idea.  The survey is online (as of ten minutes ago) and can be seen at

http://www.usc.edu/lacmnh/webmuseums/accesssurvey.html

(please complete the survey too, if you're willing)

We are also considering offering Internet access, email and WWW homepages
to other museums and cultural organizations in the Los Angeles area.  We
hope to present ourselves as a low cost alternative for the arts/cultural
community.  We are presently willing to host at no charge small static
homepages for Los Angeles area museums which are not yet able to mount
their own presence.  At some point, we would like to offer this service for
a small fee.  I would appreciate any dialog on this subject as we are still
working out the details.

Thanks for your help!

Incidentally, we are moving to our new website at

http://www.lam.mus.ca.us

This site is under construction, but feel free to look around.  The concept
is not yet fully developed.

Jim

Jim Angus
Information Technology and Hypermedia Programs
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:    213/746-2999