From:
Tara Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 16:02:38 EDT
And, since when is the curatorial point of view the only once expressed in an
exhibition? I mean, one person is rarely responsible for all aspects of the
expression of an exhibition, particularly one of a complex nature in a huge
institutiion? What about the designers, educators, curatorial collaborators and
 let's not forget about the director -- you can bethe/she has a point of view
that's going to get in there somewhere! Seems to me that when you try to be
the word of absolute moral authority that's when you get into trouble, as
Ken indicates re: Enola Gay. But, I also agree with the point of view that
if you ARE expressing a point of view, you/they/us ought to make clear
who's behind it -- I've always thought "signing" an exhibition not a bad
idea at all, even if there are numerous"signatures"-- also takes away
somewhat from the INSTITUTIONAL aspect of expression of authority?
So, here's my signature: Tara Robinson; [log in to unmask]