From:
Shirley Howarth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:01:08 GMT
The Canadian Museum of Civilization is looking for an Egyptian exhibition
for
May - November 1998.  We are currently in production for an IMAX film on
ancient Egypt called "Egypt: Journey to Eternity".  The film will visit
all the
classic sites of ancient Egypt -- the Great Pyramids, the Sphinx and the
Valley of the Kings.  A portion of the film will focus on Tutankhamun and
other
figures of the 18th Dynasty, although the time range of the film will be
from
the early dynasties up to the Ptolemiac period.

We are looking for a 5,000 to 10,000 square-foot exhibition that features
some of the highlights of  ancient Egyptian life.  Of course a mummy
would be terrific, since it is the most recognizable artifact of the
period!  However,
it is not essential.  The film is very broad in scope, so an exhibition
that
focuses on a single aspect would be good, as would a survey type of
exhibition.  We would prefer to borrow an exhibition, but we could
consider co-producing one if the conditions are right.

I can be reached by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by
telephone at 819-776-8315 or by fax at 819-776-8209.  I will be out of
the
office March 7-13 inclusive.  I look forward to hearing from you!