From:
Christian Trabue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:33:56 -0700
It was great to "revisit" the message I sent in
September of 2000.(Thank you Mr.Lyons)  At that point,
I had only applied to one job and was seriously
disappointed that they had not called me.  Thinking
back on it, it is pretty funny that I would be upset
about ONE institution not calling me.  Shortly after
this, I got a job with an art/framing gallery and gave
up my museum search until the next September.  As I
told this list earlier, I sent out hundreds of
applications that time around and never got a single
interview.
Since September 2000, the economy has gotten worse.
However, for the first time since that year I have
actually been able to pay my student loan on time
every month.  Indigo suggested trying to find other
jobs that would make you just as happy.  I agree with
this statement.  I think I would still be working for
$10 an hour if I had not followed that advice (Thank
you Indigo for making the suggestion in the first
place)
I am so glad to hear that Ms. Pemberton got a job.  I
remember when she was asking for job advice.  It is
nice to know that hard work does not always go
unnoticed.
Good luck to all the job hunters in the future.
-Christian Trabue