From:
Sharon McCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:20:59 -0700
But Harry, what about co-operative education programs?  Our Arts Co-op
program here at the University of Victoria regularly places undergrad
students (majoring in History, History in Art, English, etc...) in museum
positions.  These students are highly employable on graduation; in addition
to their academic backgrounds, they also have curatorial skills, public
programming skills, administrative skills, fundraising skills, volunteer
recruitment and supervisory skills--I could go on but I won't.

--Sharon

>Well said Vanessa. I have but a small quibble. Twenty (in my case, 35 years)
>ago, undergraduate programs weren't doing anything more to prepare people
>for employment than they are now!
>
>Harry

Sharon McCartney
Coordinator

Arts & Writing Co-operative Education Program
University of Victoria
P.O. Box 3025 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8W 3P2

tel: 250/721-8836