From:
Regan Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:17:07 -0400
Happy Friday Listers,

We have a patron that is looking to donate a 1800s spring platform rocking chair. The chair has a green plush woven seat with ornate tassels on the bottom. The wood is sound and the spring mechanism works great. The fabric is worn but stable. Her grandfather (she is probably in her 70s) bought it for her grandmother in New Jersey at a auction of theatre set pieces and brought it back here to Dallas, NC where it has remained in the family since. We do have pictures if anyone is interested. it is a nice piece, and not large, but we are unfortunately completely out of room. If you are interested or need more details, please contact offlist Stephanie Elliott (our curator) at 704.922.7681 ext. 104 or [log in to unmask] as I will be out of the office for the next week.

Thanks,

Regan Brooks
Gaston County Museum of Art & History
Dallas, NC