From:
Rachel Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 09:21:00 EST
The program for the MCN 1994 conference is taking shape.  One possible program
session would address diaster preparedness for automated systems.  Abby McLean
from the Wolfsonian Foundation in Miami has offered to describe their diaster p
lans which were recently tested when the hurrican struck S. Florida.  I'm looki
ng for other potential panelists who have good diaster plans and would be willi
ng to share them, or whose institutions recently faced disasters (the most dram
atic being hurricane, earthquake, flood, although certainly localized diasters
such as fire, or a broken pipe would qualify) and now have rethought their appr
oach to diaster planning.  Remember, the focus is on diaster planning for autom
ation.  If interested, or if you have a suggestion, please contact me.
Rachel Allen
MCN Conference Program Chair
c/o National Museum of American Art
Smithsonian Institution