From:
Suzanne Quigley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 22:26:00 -0500
>   If Richard Rabinowitz is still hanging around here, maybe he could
>   tell us of his fascinating conception for the re-imagining of North
>   Adams (?) MA.  This long-delayed project, which is supposed to be
>   funded partially out of State bonds, will recreate this town as an art
>   town.  As I recall, part of Richard's conception was to make it a
>   place where tourists could come watch artists at work.  I think that
>   the Gugg was supposed to be one of the original tenants, along with
>   Jacobs Pillow.

Jacob's Pillow is still there, so are some Gugg pieces (3 Mario Merz
works).  Some renovation is slated to begin this summer.  Mass MoCA has
scads of potential.

Suzanne

Suzanne Quigley
Head Registrar, Collections and Exhibitions
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
1071 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
212 423 3568