From:
Hervé Gagnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:44:16 -0500
I agree with Ross Week's point of view.

I would like to add this: executives and museum directors - large or small -
are caught in between two forces that often resist change: on one side, staff
members, who often pay the price of change; on the other side,
trusteed/directors who often joined the board because of the traditional values
the institution held and the standing ot brought them in the community.  It's a
losing battle, really: we are expected to implement changes to meet new demands
and will ultimately be blamed for it.

Hervé Gagnon
Director-Curator
Colby-Curtis Museum