Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:48:45 -0400
Not at all off topic.

A discussion all day has been about how cultural organizations might
relate to the after effects of the latest (in a series over the last
few years) Gulf hurricane, and clearly one very important way is to
interpret the causes.

While there are surely other technical issues to investigate in regards
the devastation, such as coastal urban development and the simple chaos
of weather systems, clearly the major issue here is climate change.

Perhaps such interpretive efforts are not for a history center in
Ithaca, but there are others reading this list.

-L.D.