From:
Tanya Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:00:34 -0400
I am seeking help from managers of part-time floor staff.

Currently I am evaluating the staffing model I have for my part-time floor staff (visitor service assistants) at our institution.  Doing this has brought about some questions for others in the field.  I would appreciate any insights that could be offered.

Does your staff work just in one particular area of your site or in one particular exhibit?
	What have been the pitfalls with staffing in this manner?
	What have been the successes?

Does your staff only interact/ interpret in areas past the point of admission?
	Currently our staff work at the admissions desk, in the exhibit galleries, and guided tours.  I would like to include an additional staff member so they can rotate to include our outdoor free spaces.
	If your staff interact in areas where admission is not charged, have you seen any increases in admission or other revenue from this staffing model?

Does your staff work a set schedule or on an as needed basis?
	If it is as needed, how to you maintain their interest in the position during down times or periods of low hours, how do you staff during high volume times?
	Do you limit the number of days/ weekends they can request off?

Again, thanks for your help.

Tanya Brock
Visitor Services Manager
Minnetrista
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303
765-287-3552
www.minnetrista.net
 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Minnetrista Cultural Center
 1200 MInnetrista Parkway
 Muncie, Indiana
 United States