From:
Wendy Jessup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:52:31 -0500
Can everyone stand one more posting on this after Len Hambleton's reply?

I forwarded the original enquiry to Monona Rossol, Industrial Hygienist and
President of Arts, Crafts and Theater Safety (ACTS).  Her direct response to
me (which I only picked up today) was "there's not much to do but use
effective sterilants and the only simplke and sure one is bleach.  If this is
bad for the artifactm there ther are some *nuke* strategies".  I recommend
that anyone asking about the *nuke* strategies, contact her directly

Monona also said that next month, ACTS will be launching a website.  We'll
try to get the address out as soon as it is launched so that these types of
questions can be also vetted by professional safety personnel.

Wendy Claire Jessup
President and Conservator
Wendy Jessup and Associates, Inc.
210 Little Falls St. Suite 203