From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 19:00:40 UT
I've seen a lot of very good advice from Mr. Baron on this list but I have to
take exception on this one.  I do not believe that it is worth the time and
trouble to develop a database system using a DOS based tool.  Sure there are
still a lot of DOS based systems out there, and many of them are doing their
job just fine.  But when we are talking about a new system, I would rather
spend the time developing a good PAPER system and trying to raise or save the
money to go towards a good Windows based system (pardon me Mac folks, I am a
Windows proponent) and computer(s) that will run it.
My advice is don't computerize just because it's cool.  While it is fun and
can increase your productivity, it can also be a pain in the butt and can
decrease your productivity if you rush into it.

Gary Acord
Acord Information Management