From:
Elizabeth Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 11:37:44 -0700
Carol, I think you should go...
Betsy

At 12:35 AM 8/16/98 +-100, you wrote:
>Art & Law: 'AUCTION LAW AND PRACTICE' -
>Half day Seminar on Auction Law and Practice at Incorporated Society of
Valuers and Auctioneers in LONDON September 10 1998 at 2.00 P.M.
>See Institute of Art and Law Website STOP PRESS at:
>http://www.pipemedia.net/ial
>
>The auction house is the setting for a great many sales of art and
antiquities. And yet, how
>many of us can say that we fully understand the law which applies to such
sales? In this seminar a number of experts will seek to unravel some of the
complexities of the law relating to auctions.- Outline of the Law relating
to Auctions- The Impact of the European Union on Auction Houses - Auction
Houses' Standard Conditions of Business and the Unfair Contract Terms
Legislation - Good Faith and the Auction House -Legal Scenarios and
Discussion.

>CONTACT:
>Institute of Art and Law
>BANK CHAMBERS
>121 LONDON ROAD
>LEICESTER
>UK LE2 0QT
>Tel/Fax: +44 (0)116 255 5146/1782
>IAL Web Page
>http://www.pipemedia.net/ial
>Antony Anderson

Elizabeth L. Johnson, Curator of Ethnology
U.B.C. Museum of Anthropology
telephone 822-6788 fax 822-2974