From:
Nora Hague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:50:05 EST5EDT
My problem with attachments is a).

At home I welcome attachments because the choice of software used to
receive and view them is mine.

At work, the choice of software is dictated by the network
administrator and the budget. We are using an old version of Pegasus
Mail which handles attachments but in a very clumsy way; viewing
them is not worth the trouble. Most images are unviewable anyway as
they form a trailer to the message in the form of utter gibberish.

Working in a photographic archives, I would be the first to agree that a picture is worth a thousand
words, but text is all I can conveniently accomodate. The best way to
disseminate an image would be with a URL of its web page.

Nora Hague
Senior Cataloguer
Notman Photographic Archives/McCord Museum