From:
Eric Leyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:20:08 -0400
Hello;
I have been hired to develop a web site for a new exhibit planning and
design firm.  The company wants to make the site as interesting and as
useful as possible to the museum community.
In order to do this I am looking for feedback on what information museum
directors, curators or exhibit staff would be looking for when searching
various exhibit planning and design company sites.  I would appreciate any
help you can provide.  I have listed six questions but if you have any more
thoughts please send them to me. This is not a solicitation for business,
just a request for info to make the clients site more useful. The client
will not be told who responded to this survey. All responses will be
confidential. Thank you for your time and trouble.

Eric Leyland
Information Designer

Survey: re. exhibit design company web site

1. What content is needed for the site to be useful for you?
    (Think of other sites that you have used. List as many items as you can
think of.)

2. What would your primary reason be for visiting the site of an exhibit
design firm?
    (Please explain in as much detail as you can)

3. Describe a situation in which you would want to look at an exhibit
designers web site.
    (Include any problems, questions, or information that would cause you
to want to visit the site.)

4. Professional profile (What is your job title, please describe your
institution, ie. small regional museum, large interpretive center, etc?)

5. Surfing profile (How, when, and why do you use the Web for job-related
information?)

6. What is the scope of your involvement in the selection or recommendation
of a design firm for your institution?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Please send your
answers to [log in to unmask]