From:
Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:32:42 PST
        Hi ---

>I have heard of a "location" on the Internet called "the museum subway"
>which apparently houses information on various types of museums.  Could
>anyone tell me anything more about this as well as perhaps any other type
>of similar central location for museum information on the net?

        The museum subway is a page on the World Wide Web which
contains links to other museum sites also on the Internet (whether
web sites, gopher sites, etc...).  Since I am one of the people who
built the Museum of Paleontology site, I can honestly say that the subway
is in sore need of repair.  The number of museum sites is probably
in between seventy five to one hundred and fifty, while the Subway only
lists about ten.  The Subway has not been changed since early 1994m
while the Internet has changed substantially.  However, if interested,
the URL is http://ucmp1.berkeley.edu/subway.html.

Cheers,
Robert Guralnick   | Museum of Paleontology   | University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720 | [log in to unmask] | (510) 642-9696