From:
John Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:21:37 -0400
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I'm writing to tell you that as of December 15, 2003 and after a long
and wonderful run that started in 1990 CIMI is ceasing operations.
It was a difficult decision but one the Executive Committee felt was
unavoidable after more than a year of searching for additional
resources upon which to build a meaningful program.  The full text of
the announcement is available at http://www.cimi.org

Despite the closure CIMI's intellectual assets will be managed so
they'll continue to be available to the community.  RLG has assumed
responsibility for the CIMI website and will maintain its
availability.  The Handscape project will continue to it's completion
mid-2004 administered by RLG.   The Handscape project site
<http://www.cimi.org/whitesite/index.html> will have project reports
and other information.   The CIMI XML Schema for SPECTRUM has been
assumed by the mda <http://www.mda.org.uk>   who will make it
available online and  support it's further development.

It has been my pleasure to work with all of you during our many CIMI
projects.  I'm proud of our achievements and successes. What we
accomplished would not have been possible without your support and
interest and for that I sincerely thank you.

With warm regards,

John