From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:34:11 -0800
On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Robert A. Baron wrote:

> Now I have a question.  If I convert these negatives to Kodak PhotoCD
> scans, what kind of identifying number system can be used to link each CD
> image to my negative database.  Am I correct in assuming that each Kodak
> PhotoCD is branded with an accessible unique number, and each image is
> provided with a sequential filenumber?

Each PhotoCD has a unique number that is encoded on the disc (for access
by PhotoCD player or computer) and is printed on the contact sheets you
get with the disc. Each frame is sequentially numbered. It makes for easy
cataloguing -- if I only had time to do all the data entry!

Susan Wageman
Grants Manager                    [log in to unmask]
The Tech Museum of Innovation     (408) 279-7178
145 West San Carlos Street        fax (408) 279-7149
San Jose, CA  95113  USA          http://www.thetech.org