From:
"Hank T. Foreman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:43:29 +0400
>It's not too early to be thinking about the best art of this half of the 20th
>Century.
>
>I suspect that the following will be in the running:
>
>*       Running Fence - Christo

I think this work should not be a candidate...owing to Christo's lack of
environmental concern and outright disobedience of an ecological impact
study.  The message of rampant individualism outweighing everything, even
in the face of an official request to not carry the work into the marine
areas, is too great and harmful to support by listing Running Fence as one
of the most important works of this century.  Thanks for listening!!

(:  Hank  :)

Hank T. Foreman, Acting Director
Catherine J. Smith Gallery
Appalachian State University