From:
Richard Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:42:45 -0500
The institution that I work for is interested in purchasing a color scanner
which can faithfully
reproduce color images from paper artifacts.  I began pricing scanners and see a
wide discrepancy in prices.  I assume that the price is based on the quality of
the scanner and the dpi rate.  However, I do not know what a good dpi rate is.
What number of dpi should we be seeking in order to be able to digitize color
images from paper artifacts and post them on our web site?  We of course want
these images to look reasonably good.  But at the same time, we want to spend as
little money as possible for a scanner.  Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich