From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:48:54 -0400
With the information you provided, Belinda, I hope you will accept what
happened without further concern on your part.  An hour of being piqued and
puzzled seems justified, but not much more.

Once you do feel you need to use the curator as reference, I hope you will
contact him for permission to do so.  I have no doubt he will be supportive
of your future.  In fact, you might drop him a personal note reflecting on
how much you learned from your volunteer experience and how much you respect
him on a professional basis.

You seem to suggest the curator was interested in developing some
relationship with your boy friend.  That might be a stretch. A gay person is
not, contrary to stereotype, a predator any more than a heterosexual might
be.  Your friend might have inquired why he wanted to have this information,
since he would be moving anyway.  It was a matter for those two to resolve,
in my view.

Ross Weeks Jr.
Tazewell VA