From:
"Berney, Adrienne W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:47:47 +0000
Hi Amanda,

I don't know of any single reference for all the guidelines you're requesting. But there are surely some great ones for several components. My favorite sources for preservation information are the National Park Service's conserve-o-grams (http://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/conserveogram/conserv.html), and though many books have come along since, A. Bruce MacLeish's _Care of Antiques and Historical Collections_.

In addition to the Connecting to Collections online community, many states have strong museum field service offices that exist just to help your type of organization. I'm not sure what state you're in, but if your state does not have this type of service, one of the others that do would surely help you. Feel free to contact me off-list if you'd like some help from NC!

Best regards,
Adrienne Berney
NC Connecting to Collections
NC Dept. of Cultural Resources