From:
Ian Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 20:45:49 GMT
At 11:30 AM 1/17/97 +1100, you wrote:
>How do Science Centre and Museums treat the situation where a adult drops off
>children at a museum and leaves?
>
>Is there an age below which a child would be refused admission without a
>supervising adult? Or do you have a minimum age for the supervisor?
>
>For example:
>A 15 year old with a 3 year old ?
>What about a 10yr old with a 3 yr old?
>What about a 6 yr old?
>
>What rules do you have in place?
>
>Difficult one this, we try not to let anyone small in without someone who
is clearly adult accompanying them, basically someone over 18, I have been
known to let in say a 14 year old and an 8 year old, but we'd hesitate at a
14 year old and a 3 year old, on the other hand we have found two 12 year
olds together are usually OK. I tell my staff to normally only let children
in with adults, but to use their judgement in difficult circumstances, e'g
parents drop em off outside and drive off sending them in clutching the
entry cash. I'd rather let any combination in which arrives like this than
turn them away and then have them get in trouble.
IAN SIMMONS

- A mind stretched by new ideas never returns to the same shape

                                        - RALPH WALDO EMERSON