From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:51:13 -0700
Do we have a member of the Henry Ford Museum still on
list?  I know that we did sometime back, and I've got
a request for info if it is available.

My Gearhead boyfriend grew up greatly enamored of the
Summers Brothers' Goldenrod, and it was gave me
tremendous joy, when I got to see it before he did, to
say, "Niener, niener, niener."  When he made it out
here to visit, he practically cried when he saw it,
and we made more than one trip to the Wally Parks NHRA
museum to keep an eye on it.  Admittedly, I had some
concern about the vehicle being left outside in the
elements, unprotected for an extended period of time,
but, nonethelesss, it is an awesome being.

I went to put together a photo album for him of things
he loves out here and made a sojourn to the Parks in
December and nearly had a heart attack when I
discovered it was no longer there.  In fact, I made an
inquiry at the desk.

Boyfriend now informs me that via the wonderful
Peterson Publication, Hot Rod Magazine, that the
Goldenrod was moved to the Henry Ford Museum and is
undergoing a total restoration.

Being a converted "Car Chick," I'm wondering if there
are any updates on the car that can be shared and
where one might go to obtain them.

If we have a representative on list, could you please
let me (and any other Gearhead/Car Chicks) know?

Thank you so much!

Indigo Nights