From:
"Pickering, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:18:47 -0500
Tom, you point is indeed an important one. Not all human remains in museums are Native American or thereby subject to NAGPRA. I've worked on a number of cases over the years in which the remains were from other parts of the world or represented other ethnicities.

A forensic anthropologist or osteologist who has experience with human remains from many parts of the world,  may be able to help you.

Robert B. Pickering, PhD
Senior Curator
Gilcrease Museum
1400 N. Gilcrease Museum Rd