From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:49:41 -0600
I would also suggest taking classes in art, photography, grant writing, public relations, urban/rural sociology,
etc..  Also VOLUNTEERING at museums (or other non-profit organizations--building up your resume).  This
is one of the most advantageous methods of getting your foot in the door, since internships are often
selective or not available.  Start making your presents known at the museum you want to work.  Then with
volunteer experience and education in related field of interest....you come in with experience.  Best,
John Martinson, This Is The Place Heritage Park